3.31.2009

#2 - I Steal Sticky Notes From My Employer

(fyi - this is a terrible attempt at prose. but in a silly zombie way.)

I Steal Sticky Notes From My Employer

Dreaming about dying
from the third person perspective
is not very fun for many people.
Sometimes I see myself falling for hours
only to land on the concrete patio of some coffee shop.
The worst are the recurring ones
that stop in once weekly
for a little cerebral chit chat.
Exactly when I fall asleep
I know the dream is coming
but I can’t ever wake myself back up.
More often than not
I wake up all sweaty
and hot
and crying
and really needing to take a leak.
This happens way too much
I really need it to stop
so I can sleep on a consistent schedule. Strangely my boss seems happy to see me
every time I come to work after an episode.
Most mornings
he looks at me like I am a small bit of breakfast stuck to his new Armani Suit.
I think he controls my brain
he knows when I have this dream
that’s why he’s always nice.
One time he even bought me a
coffee
the day after and smiled real big and high fived me.
Normally he just glares at me
tells me not to spill
coffee
in the copier so it won’t stick. Every now
and then I think my coworkers have strange dreams too
when I overhear them talk.
They think our boss is crazy
they ask me
if I can summon my zombie friends to help. Next time I have that scary dream
I have to call the graveyard
and warn them about all the dirt.
For now
I think I’ll just write it on a sticky note
so I don’t forget
and hope no one sees it there.
Now I want our boss to control all of our minds I can summon the zombies tomorrow night.
I’ll write that on a sticky note too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?